Sunday 22 February 2009

Gamespotting 002 - Last years games are this years cool!


Hey people

Well here goes for my first propper blog post for Gamespotting (Not counting the introduction) well here is something that has been on my mind for a while.

Overall this generation has given us some great games so far with the likes of Street Fighter 4 (Already my game of the year), GTA4, Falout 3, No More Heroes and countless others that could be future classics. Also this generation will also be known as the re-birth of the bedroom programmer with tools such as XNA and Sony's Little Big Planet.

But the only thing that I have a problem with is that are these games value for money. I recently bought Mirror's Edge for my Playstation 3 and enjoyed it for the few hours of gameplay that it provided, but overall I wouldn't play it again. For one, the last level annoyed the hell out of me and it doesn't give anything back to the player for doing the entire game again.

I personally think that gamers could play some of the last generations games, which now cost next to nothing and have more content for the player to enjoy. For example, I recently purchased Resident Evil Zero for the Gamecube for £2.49 from Cash Generator in Manchester and been playing it for 20 hours now and it is still not boring.

As it is the only Resident Evil that I haven't played, I thought it would be a worthy investment. I put it into my gamecube and at this moment in time has never been out of the disk drive. The twists and turns of the plotline and the lack of a item box makes this one of the best Resi games, but not as good as CODE VERONICA.

So why pay £40 for an eight hour game, when you can look around and get some good bargins fron the last generation. Most of which can be played on this generations consoles and have a more enjoyable time.

Just something to think about.

A Piece of RECESSION BUSTING advice from Gamespotting. (HA)

2 comments:

  1. Revisiting lost or skipped titles and finding hiddern gems that you missed while you drooled over advancments in graphics is a great pass time. That's how i found psychonauts... i don't think it has anything to do with retro appeal, I think it's worth looking at nintendo and the wii, their release of cube games for the wii etc. titles people probably missed because they where too busy looking at nina williams on their playstation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have started doing this a lot at the moment, just think that no modern title appeals to me at the moment. I only waited for Street Fighter 4 and now thats out, theres nothing I want.

    Most of these titles would never get a look in by most gamers and I think the new motion titles are a great idea because it not only gives gamers the chance to play some gamecube games on the wii, but now introduces these obscure titles to younger gamers and older gamers as well.

    Think it would be a good thing, but just trying to find the titles is the problem. Still trying to find Beyond Good and Evil for the gamecube for a year now and still haven't found it

    ReplyDelete