Saturday 6 March 2010

Gamespotting 043 - Happy Birthday Gamespotting (2010 - The Year of the Indie Title)

Hello all.

Well near enough this time last year; I started this thing which I call my Blog and even though the contributions to it have swung between regular and irregular, but I want to be the first to say Happy Birthday Gamespotting.

Now observing my gaming habits as well as the affairs within the Industry over the last 12 Months; it is weird how much my gaming taste has changed over the last 12 months with the first posts of the blog talking about the drought of titles within the Industry and me going back to older titles such as Beyond Good and Evil and Code Veronica to quench my Gaming Thirst and at this point of the year; I am overcome with the amount of quality titles which have found their way into my Disk Drives. Games like the absolutely amazing Mass Effect 2 and the not yet finished but is already amazing Heavy Rain, I am absolutely spoiled for choice.

SINGLE GAMING PREDICTION FOR 2010

If I could predict one thing for the upcoming year is that 2010 will be the year of the Indie Title; with a large amount of Indie titles breaking through to the other side of the Gaming Spectrum and receiving a lot of publicity and praise for their uniqueness; mark my words; Independent Games will be on the rise.

The following Indie Titles are ones which I think will do well this year; both on the consoles and on the PC.

Super Meat Boy!
Limbo
Scorgasm
VVVVVV (Six Vs I think it is spelt)

Well; I have enjoyed this year of gaming and as I sit here with my Party Streamer and Bottle of Magners; I say one again Happy Birthday and heres to another great year in gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment