Thursday 16 April 2009

Hidden Level 02 - Luke Bale's Book Club and The Marvel of Spotify

I have been catching up with some podcasts today while I am at my computer doing some work and been listening to a great podcast called Sessler's Soapbox and taking a rest from the usual gaming rantings of his; he did a section which discussed and reccomended five books for the viewers of the podcast.

So I thought it would be a good idea to copy his idea and reccomend some good books that I am reading at the moment which people might like.

Number One - Are You Dave Gorman? (Danny Wallace and Dave Gorman) - This is a great book for people who like a bit of humorous reading, it discusses the events of when these two comedians lived together in the early 00s and after one drunken night; Danny bets that Dave cannot find 54 people who has the same name than him. Drunkily he accepts the challenge the book follows them globetrotting from America to England and back again finding these random people. It is a good read and the way that the two authors tell their version fo the story is great.

Number Two - Adrift In China (Simon Myers) - As I am thinking of doing a bit of traveling after I have finised my degree; I have been readin a fair bit of travel books and this one crept up top of the list. I found it on Amazon for 13p and in my opinion is well worth the buy if you like this sort of thing. It tells the story of Simon while he is Traveling China with his broken motorbike as a student and starts selling Coca Cola to the chinese people he meets along the way, very good read.

Number Three - The Salmon of Doubt (Douglas Adams) - This is one of my favourite books and my favourtie Authors,this book is basically the contents of his Mac Computer before he died. It contains essays,speaches, Colums for newspapers and the final (but unfinished) book that he ever wrote right at the end; broken down into three chapters (LIFE, THE UNIVERSE and EVERYTHING), if you like the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy or even rantings by an author; this is the book for you.

Hope you enjoyed that, see what you think of these books as they are all good reads. Now for a bit of promotion for some software.

At the moment; I have been using Spotify which is a piece of music software that alows to you play tracks from a large music library all for Free, so it solves the problem of buying the songs of itunes; but you can only play the songs which the software is installed on; but I think that it is a great piece of software which is worth a download.

If you want a Beta Invite, give us a message on my comments page and you can have one straight away, so join the Spotify Rebellion and get some free music. Just hope there is a mobile version somewhere in the technology pipeline and this software will be a necesity for my phone.

2 comments:

  1. ..."could have been wrote as a story more better"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I only just spotted this when reading it this morning. Just didn't know what to say about this book to summerise it within the sentance.

    You can tell that I review books rearly well, lol.

    ReplyDelete