Thursday 12 March 2009

Gamespotting 012 - Second Thoughts and Parappa The Rapper


Well, over the last few days; I have not had a lot of time to play video games. I have still got to finish the end of Beyond Good and Evil and replay the newly found copy of a Link To The Past for my GBA micro.

Now when reading Edge and listening to some podcasts over the last few days, I have now decided that I might buy Resident Evil 5 when I next get paid. I know that in a previous entry to my blog, I said that I was not going to buy the title and have stated this several times in uni.

But one item of media, changed my mind which was the Resident Evil Retrospective on GameTrailers. The latest episode of the retrospective lists the entire timeline of the series and gives a small history of events that predates any title in the series. But at the end of the video was the backstory of Resident Evil 5 and has already got me hooked on the entire game, even though I hated the demo. But on the other hand, the damo might be better than the game which in most instances is the case.

Also on another subject; in a previous blog entry; I mentioned that it was EDGEs 200th Issue with the multiple covers. I particually wanted the Strider or Beyond Good and Evil covers because they are two of my favourite games. But EDGE have been clever yet again and sealed the magazine in a black cover so that you don't know which cover you have got until you have bought it. So I was in the queue at Whsmith this morning and looked on the back of the cover, which then tells you what cover you have bought.

I quickly rushed back to the magazine stand and trawled through the pile of magazines in hope for the cover that I want, but they were all the same (Fallout 3), the cover looked crap so looked for another one and found the only copy with Parappa The Rapper on it. I quickly remembered the title and decided on that one insted. I would have liked the cover that I wanted, but with Parappa on the cover has changed my mind and love the picture they have chosen.

I think I might have to dig out my playstation version this weekend and re-visit the rapping dog and master onion on the opening level.

KICK, PUNCH, ITS ALL IN THE MIND. IF YOU WANT TO TEACH ME.
I SURE YOU FIND. THE THINGS I TEACH YOU ARE SURE TO BEAT YOU.
NEVER THE LESS, TAKE A LESSON FROM TEACHER.

Good Times.....:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment